Welcome to Atlanta's original luxury high rise. The Ponce, originally known as The Ponce de Leon Apartments, opened in 1913, and was designed by architect William Stoddart, who also designed the neighboring Georgian Terrace hotel. The Ponce building converted to a condominium in 1982, when its Beaux Arts & Italianate finishes were thoroughly restored. It currently includes nearly 70 exclusive residences.
The Ponce sits on the corner of the most famous intersection in Midtown Atlanta, at the corner of Peachtree St. and Ponce de Leon Ave. At this intersection stand two equally magnificent buildings: the Fox Theatre and the Georgian Terrace. Within a 3 block radius lie half-a-dozen of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, two popular tourist destinations, and three distinct urban styles.
The Ponce was built one year after the neighboring Georgian Terrace, and initially comprised just 18 huge, 14-room apartments, and another 22 generous bachelor apartments. The lobby features a Tiffany-glass dome, and shares with the other public spaces beautiful Italianate faux finishes.